Motorized Free Point Tool
Stuck pipe determination
- 375oF operation
- Tension, compression and torque measurements
- Built in Casing Collar Locator (CCL)
- Solid-state electornic motor control
- Full open/close sensors
- Seven anchor sizes available for most applications
- Temperature stable Hall sensor
- Real-time data assists in optimizing pipe recovery methods
- Accurate depth determination of stuck assembly
- Controlled electronics protect damage to gear and drive assemblies
- Interchangable anchors for different assemblies
Many factors can contribute to a drilling or workover string getting stuck in the well. Some extra examples are borehole conditions, wellbore fluid properties, formation characteristics and assembly problems.
Titan's Motorized Free Point Tool accurately determines the stuck point in pipe, tubing or a casing string. The real-time data allows the operator to make rapid and informed decisions in determining the next steps to recover the stuck downhole assembly.
The Hall sensor picks up movements in the assemnly associated with tension, compression or torque measurements and converts that to an AC signal. This signal is then processed at the surface by the Free Point Panel for display and recording for permanent records.