In Situ Test Subs
• Two O-ring seals to pressure test against via a port
• Multi range of quick union connections and pressure ratings
• Internal bore size range from 3.00" – 9.00"
• Pressure tested hydraulically with a hand pump
• Can be supplied to special order and connected directly to the Wireline Valve
• Hunting In-Situ Test Sub centre connection lifting/test cap available
• Reduces the time spent pressure testing lubricators prior to exposing it to the live well pressure
• The rig up can be tested whilst pressure sensitive equipment, such as Perforating Guns are in the lubricator
• In-Situ Test Sub connected directly to the Wireline Valve will save rig up heights
• Time saving benefits
The Hunting In-situ Pressure Test Sub was originally designed to reduce time spent pressure testing the broken lubricator connection after tool changes.
The In-situ Pressure Test Sub takes the place of the bottom connection, effectively becoming the joint that has been broken. As a result of its unique design, it can be tested in isolation to the rest of the rig-up, by the simple use of a small hand pump.
The mid-joint of an In-situ Pressure Test Sub is like any other quick union, except that it has two O-ring seals with a pressure test port between them. This feature is responsible for easy testing of joint integrity.
As noted, this saves pressure testing the whole lubricator rig-up, however there is another added advantage in that it allows for the lubricator system to be pressure tested whilst pressure sensitive equipment (such as perforating guns) are in the lubricator.
In-situ Pressure Test Sub centre connections fitted directly to WLVs or other equipment, saving in rig-up height, can be supplied by special order.