PCH Stripper Type - 2
• Solid body, internal springs
• 59lbs lighter that PCH Stripper Type - 1
• Lubrication injection and check valve assembly
• Simple to install
• Same sealing elements as PCH Stripper Type -1
• Ported for inject/vent valve capability (anti adiabatic heating during pre - job pressure testing). Presently only Dual 10K design.
• Line components can be removed and elements changed while cable is threaded through the assembly without the need of a full strip down
• Reduces the weight and operational risks associated with manual handling
• Ease of installation saves valuable operation time
• Service components reduce the frictional bind and wear on seals
The Hunting Dual Pressure Control Head (PCH) Stripper is designed to seal around these new solid large diameter wirelines using hydraulic pressure, preventing well fluids and /or gases confined within the lubricator from polluting the well site as the wireline is run in and out of the well bore.
There is a grease injection port between the pack offs to initially lubricate the dry line during run in hole, but also reducing friction and enhancing the life of the elements.
A PCH Stripper has a dual configuration and a rated working pressure of 10,000 PSI. Connections used to attach the PCH Stripper to the lubricator are most commonly of the self-aligning quick union type. Threaded connections such as external upset (EUE) or non-upset (NU) API tubing connections are available, but are limited to a maximum rated working pressure of 5,000 PSI.
All PCH Strippers incorporate a safety check valve, should the wireline break and be pulled out of the PCH Stripper Packing. In this event, as the well pressure tries to escape through the hole left in the Check Valve Housing, it will force the safety check valve ball bearing up, to seal off the hole.
PCH Strippers can be supplied fitted with a vent valve to reduce adiabatic issues
The Hunting Dual PCH Stripper is offered as an enhanced alternative to conventional stuffing box or pack-off designs.