Open Hole Tool Catchers
• Interchangeable collets to suit fishing necks
• Manufactured from light weight material
• Always in catch position
• Safe manual release system
• Collets can be changed to suit standard fishing necks 1.375" - 2.313
• Light weight material used to aid manual handling
• Eliminates the possibility of a dropped toolstring, preventing industry to personnel within the worksite
• Toolstring is broken down and released safely once the open hole tool catcher has been lowered
The Hunting Open Hole Tool Catcher has been developed to eliminate the possibility of a dropped tool string during wireline open hole operations.
There is a possibility when pulling out of the well of the toolstring striking the top sheave causing wire failure and the toolstring to be released. The Open hole tool catcher has a collet within the top sheave catcher assembly that will latch the fishing neck preventing the toolstring from falling, potentially causing damage or injury to personnel around the worksite.
The captured toolstring can only be released by mechanical means once the system has been lowered to the ground.
Bespoke collet options available upon request.