Hydraulic Tool Trap
• Single flapper designed to accept tool weight from above
• Large ‘V’ slot to prevent cable damage
• Small hydraulic chamber allowing efficient hand pump operation
• Compact assembly height
Hunting hydraulic tool traps are available to suit various working pressures and manufactured to meet client operational needs.
There are two main operational types that share common features:
• External visual indication of the tools passing the flapper
• Either hydraulic open and spring return or hydraulic open and hydraulic close
The flapper that sits across the bore preventing tools from passing have a large ‘V’ slot to allow wire movement with reduced contact when the flapper is closed.