• The Centre Spear is normally classed as a “last resort” tool and is commonly used after attempts to grab the ball of wire using a Wireline Grab have failed
• The barbs are on the outside of the prong, so the spear is run into the centre of the wire, trying to grab it that way
• Described as the last resort tool
• Supplied with Industry standard connections and Fishing Necks
• Once the wire is wrapped around the tool, it can not be released until it reaches the surface
The Hunting Centre Spear is designed as a “last resort” fishing tool, to retrieve broken wireline from the well.
This tool is not recommended for general wireline fishing operations. The Centre Spear should only be used in cases where the wire is balled up so badly that it is impossible to get hold of it with a standard two-pronged grab.