• Hydrostatic Bailers have an atmospheric chamber which is sealed at surface and then run into the wellbore. Once on depth, downwards jarring shears the pin on the piston. This creates a draw in effect, which draws in the sand, scale etc onto the bailer chamber
• The debris is contained within the bailer by means of a ball
• Consists of a chamber sealed at surface atmospheric pressure, complete with a relief plg at the top and shear piston on the bottom
• Supplied with industry standard connections and fishing necks
• Can remove debris when over pump bailer assembly cannot
The Hunting Piston Hydrostatic Bailer is designed to remove debris which has settled on top or around a subsurface control within the well, preventing retrieval by regular wireline operations.
A hydrostatic bailer is used when debris cannot be removed with a normal pump bailer assembly.