• The Wireline Shock Absorber is used to reduce the shock to sub surface instruments such as pressure / temperature gauges, caused due to the impacts of jarring
• Consists of a main body, top sub, bottom sub, inner mandrel and absorber strings
• The lower spring is heavier than the upper one to sustain the tool weight
• Floating action of the mandrel against the spring dampens the shock loads
• Supplied in stainless steel
• Dampen impact shock loads during deployment
• Prevent damage to instrumentation being run in the toolstring
The Hunting Shock Absorber is designed to dampen impact shock loads that can occur during wireline deployment and so prevent damage to sensitive instrumentation being run on the toolstring.