Wireline Link Jar – Spangs
• Spang Jars or Mechanical Jars are used in both standard intervention operations and can be used in fishing operations. The jars, combined with the added weight of the stem, give a high impact force downhole when setting or pulling flow control devices. The operator can manipulate the jars using the directional control lever in the Wireline unit
• Designed to act like a sliding hammer by utilising the weight of the steam bars to convey a powerful jarring action
• Jarring actions are controlled by the direction and speed of the wireline at surface
• Available in various diameters and stroke lenths
• Controlled jarring actions
Hunting Wireline Link Jars, often referred to as “spang jars” or “mechanical jars”, are designed to act like a sliding hammer, utilising the weight of the stem bars located immediately above, to convey powerful jarring impacts.
Upward and downward impacts (jarring actions) are achieved by controlling the direction and speed of the wireline at surface.