Wireline Stem Weight Bars – Tungsten Filled
• As with the conventional stem, however tungsten filled stem is heavier per ft giving increased tool string weight when required without increasing length or OD
• Provides the weight required to overcome forces created by well pressure and the size of the cable
• Creates the mass required to deliver impacts when setting or pulling devices in the wellbore
•Provides kinetic energy which is converted into a downward or upward jarring force as required
• Available in various diameters and lengths
• Provides more weight than a standard stem of the same dimension as tungsten has a greater mass
Hunting Tungsten Filled Wireline Stem Bars, often referred to as “sinker bars”, are designed to serve two purposes.
They provide the weight required to overcome friction and pressure differential within the stuffing box during wireline operations, allowing the toolstring to descend into the well.
They also provide kinetic energy, which is converted into a downward or upward jarring force as required.