Flow & Tension Release Disconnect
- Rigid release mechanism, shear pins and piston are designed to withstand great vibration and jarring.
- Full torque through capabilities, heavy duty rotation lock designed to withstand vibration and high torque operations.
- Full flow after disconnect - no drop ball required
- Release flow rate has to be achieved simultaneously with overpull to be able to release
- Variable nozzles allow specific application set up
The Hunting Flow & Tension Release Disconnect Tool provides a safe and reliable means of release or disengaging from downhole tools, tubing or coiled tubing.
The tool is available in standard sizes used during Coiled Tubing operations.
The Hunting Flow & Tension Release Disconnect Tool is designed for applications where a reliable release tool is required but there is no possibility to drop a release ball.
A pressure drop is created when flowing through the tool that activates the release mechanism on the Flow Release Tool. A nozzle inside creates the pressure drop and various nozzle configuration shall create different pressure drops and dictate your release rate.
The tool is designed to be fail safe, to avoid accidental release but if release should become necessary disconnect is simply achieved by inducing flow through the tool to predetermined rate and additionally applying a simultaneous overpull over and above the tensile limit of the predetermined shear pin loading.