Flow Activated Indexing Tool
- Available in sizes 2-1/8-inches and 2-7/8-inches
- Indexed in pre-determined increments by applying intermittent surface pump pressure
- Design to rotate a full 360-degrees
- Used for jetting operations to ensure full bore coverage
- Field redressable
Can be run with a mule shoe attached, which can be orientated to lift the BHA nose off the low side in horizontal applications
Can be configured to operate at various flow rates and increments
Can be used in conjunction with multiple products for different environments and operations
The Flow Activated Indexing Tool is designed to rotate through a full 360-degree and is indexed in pre-determined increments by applying intermittent surface pump pressure.
The tool can be used for:
- Jetting operations, ensuring full bore coverage,
- Finding laterals, when used in conjunction with a window finder or bent sub
- Or it can be run with a mule shoe attached, which can be orientated to lift the BHA nose off the low side in horizontal applications.
Fluid flow through the tool creates a pressure to function the indexing piston, then the lower half of the tool indexes. Maintaining the pressure allows the increased flow to pass through the tool. When the flow-pressure is decreased, the tool completes a single indexing cycle. By repeating this operation, a full 360-degree rotation can be achieved.