Cyclonic Wellhead Desander
- Cyclone separator insert can be easily changed out
- Dual pot system with high pressure by-pass and dual isolation valves
- Lifting support for sand filter and cyclone separator interchange
- High efficiency of solids separation (up to 99%) at high flow rates
- Handles high flow rates with minimal back pressure
- Continuous sand disposal by gravity and water flushing
- Separates a wide range of particle sizes from the well stream
- Eliminates erosion on choke manifold and downstream process equipment
- Enables high rate well testing
- Allows representative sand sampling and sand production rate estimation
The Hunting Cyclonic Wellhead Desander offers a robust high pressure solids management solution upstream of the choke manifold during well testing, frac-flowback and well clean-up operations.
Cyclonic de-sanders have a high efficiency of separation at high flow-rates with minimal pressure drop and can handle both a wider range of particle sizes and larger volumes of solids when compared to sand filters. The cyclonic separator element is engineered from a highly wear-resistant alloy, is designed to be the only component potentially exposed to erosion and is simple to replace during operations if required.
The Hunting Cyclonic Wellhead Desander features a dual pot system which allows continuous sand separation and dumping by switching flow from one vessel to the other.
The Hunting cyclonic technology has been independently flow loop tested to verify solids separation performance.