Vertical Surge Tank
- Pressure retaining storage vessel to eliminate gas venting
- Can be used as second stage separator
- Single or twin compartment
- Measures liquid flow rates, shrinkage and meter factors
- Level monitoring by sight glass or magnetic indicators
- By-pass manifold allows isolation from process flow
- Access for internal inspection and maintenance
- High and low level alarm in each compartment
- Improves oil and gas separation when a longer retention time is required
- Pressurized storage improves burner efficiency during production disposal
- Eliminates atmospheric venting during H2S production operations
The Hunting vertical surge tank (VST) is a low-pressure vessel designed to store liquid hydrocarbons prior to disposal during both offshore and onshore well testing and clean-up operations.
Positioned downstream of the separator liquid outlet the VST is used to measure liquid flow rates and the combined shrinkage and meter factor. It can also be used as a second stage separator where a longer retention time is required.
A pressure relief valve and a high and low level alarm system prevent overpressurization and over-filling of the vessels during operations. The VST can be manufactured with either a double or single compartment with either a sight glass or magnetic indicators to monitor liquid levels.
The Hunting VST is mounted in a protective frame manufactured according to the requirements of Det Norske Veritas (DNV) 2.7-1 and is designed for vertical operation and horizontal transportation.